Mandate: Ministry of Health exists to promote and provide integrated, holistic and sustainable preventative, cura-tive, rehabilitative quality health service to the nation.
CIRCULAR NO. 1 OF 2023
VACANCY: DEPUTY MANAGER (PROCUREMENT)
VACANCY CODE: 111400671.1.2
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position in the Ministry of Health, tenable at Central Medical Stores.
SALARY: D1 (P350, 904 - P386, 976 per annum)
a) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50%, Employee pays 50%).
b) Contributory Pension (Government contributes 15% and employee contributes 5% of basic salary.
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
Degree in Strategic Supply Chain Management or Business Administration or any other related field.
At least twelve (12) years experience in Purchasing, Supply and Materials Management, two (2) years of which should have been served as Principal Procurement Officer I at D2 salary scale or equivalent.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To coordinate procurement of supplies, services and works as well as disposal of assets for the Ministry in a timely and efficient manner.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Give advice on procurement matters requiring policy action and guide on all technical matters for effective procurement of goods, works and services.
• Provides technical advice in the preparation of the tender documentation, administration of the tendering and evaluation of bids for contract awards.
• Identify and source suitable supplies, services and works and negotiate and agree prices in accordance with delegated authority.
• Manage contracts with contractors to ensure expected deliverables.
• Coordinate compilation of data contained in quotations/proposals/bids to determine the best supplier in terms of quality, delivery time, discounts, and transportation costs among others and submits the analysis to PPADB or MTC.
• Draw up specifications for the stock range to promote quality assurance and maintenance of high performance standards.
• Monitor compliance with government reservation and price preference schemes during tender evaluation and promote standardization of procurement of supplies.
• Reduce the risk of deterioration, obsolescence and unserviceability by ensuring that stocks are issued on first -in-first-out basis.
• Decision Quality
• Strategic Agility
• Customer Focus
• Ethics and Values
• Integrity and Trust
• Timely Decision Making
• Organizational Agility