VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 31 OF 2022
VACANCY: PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTANT I (x7)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens for the above mentioned position tenable in the Ministry of Finance, Office of the Accountant General.
TENABLE AT: (Shakawe, Kasane, Machaneng, Mahalapye, Mochudi, Francistown & Kang)
SALARY: D2 (P305, 664 – P337, 068) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
BENEFITS: a) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and Employee pays 50%).
(b) Contributory Pension (Government contributes 15% and employee contributes 5% of salary).
Candidates should have at least Bachelor of Accountancy or a professional qualification such as CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA, CA, and BICA. Applicants must be registered and in good standing with Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants (BICA).
A minimum of ten (10) years relevant post qualification work experience in the public and private sector; two (2) years of which must have been served at D3 level Sector. Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting and computerized accounting environment preferably Oracle Financials will be an added advantage.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To monitor budget execution, treasury management, accounts analysis, support of financial systems, enforcement of compliance with relevant regulatory instruments and advise stakeholders/customers on financial and other policy related matters.
• Prepares monthly and annual financial statements.
• Administers financial systems.
• Cash management.
• Tax management.
• Manages creditors and debtors accounts.
• Coordinate the processing of payments for customers.
• Prepares and submits sectional budget and advices on financial issues and policy matters.
• Supervises junior staff and appraises their performance and conducts on-the-job training for supervisees
• Undertakes any other related duties as may be assigned by management.
• a) Organising
• b) Decision Quality
• c) Problem Solving
• d) Integrity and Trust
• e) Managing and Measuring Work
f ) Drive for Results
APPLICATIONS: All Applicants should quote the number of the Vacancy Circular and provide the following details:
• a) Brief summary of career with duties performed (Curriculum Vitae) including date of first appointment, present post and date of appointment thereto.
• b) Certified copies of Certificates, transcript, Omang and two (2) recent work related references.