VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 32 OF 2022
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTANT II X 3 POSITIONS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens for the above mentioned position tenable in the Ministry of Finance, Office of the Accountant General.
TENABLE AT: (Gaborone x 2, Jwaneng x1)
SALARY SCALE: D3 (P266, 340 – P293, 640 per annum)
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
BENEFITS: a) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and Employee pays 50%).
(b) Contributory Pension (Government contributes 15% and employee contributes 5% of salary).
Candidates should have at least Bachelor of Accountancy or a professional qualification such as CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA, CA, BICA. Applicants must be registered and in good standing with Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants (BICA).
A minimum of eight ( years relevant post qualification work experience in the public and private sector; two (2) years of which must have been served at D4 level Sector. Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting and computerized accounting environment preferably Oracle Financials will be an added advantage.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To monitor the processing of payments for customers and receipts, support financial systems, check compliance with relevant regulatory instruments and perform other clerical accounting duties.
• Advises customers on financial and other policy related issues
• Monitors expenditure and revenue.
• Maintains revenue collectors’ charts and counter foil register.
• Conducts inspections.
• Reconciles accounts
• Coordinates support of financial systems
• a) Problem Solving
• b) Drive for Results
• c) Integrity & trust
• d) Timely decision making
• e) Delegation
APPLICATIONS: All Applicants should quote the number of the Vacancy Circular and provide the following details:
• a) Brief summary of career with duties performed (Curriculum Vitae) including date of first appointment, present post and date of appointment thereto.
• b) Certified copies of Certificates, transcript, Omang and two (2) recent work related references.