BOTSWANA SOCIETY FOR THE DEAF
BOTSWANA SOCIETY FOR THE DEAF (BSD) is a Non-Governmental and Charitable Organization that exists to advocate; empower and promote the interests and welfare of the Deaf Population in Botswana.
Botswana government as the official representative body for the Deaf Community recognizes BSD in general. It is also charged with the responsibility to protect the wellbeing of the Deaf and recommend to stakeholders and the nation programs on issues of welfare, education, training, health and employment of the of Deaf.
BSD owns and governs the two Centers for the Deaf; Ramotswa and Francistown Centre for Deaf Education (RCDE and FCDE).These are government aided and partly funded (through the Ministry of Basic Education) residential schools.
The Ministry of Basic Education and Skills Development through the Department of Special Support Services (DSSS) plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the learners receive quality Education by providing the Centers with qualified and Specialized Teachers of the Deaf. The two Centers provide pre- and primary education, vocational training skills, including Sign Language Courses that are BQA accredited to the Deaf people.
MATRON: - TENABLE AT RAMOTSWA CENTRE FOR DEAF EDUCATION:
Ramotswa Centre for Deaf Education is looking for a motivated and self-driven individual to fill the position of Matron. The position is offered on a five-year contract period. The incumbent's responsibilities include the welfare and guidance of Deaf children, staff supervision, and resource management, cleanliness of the hostels and the safety of learners.
The incumbent reports directly to the Administration Officer Main Duties of the Job
• Welcome students to the Hostel
• Promote Unity.Team spirit and harmony amongst students
• Advice students on rules and regulations governing the Hostel
• Support and guide Head Girl/Boy and dormitory prefects
• Enforce School Rules and Regulations by monitoring Students movements, behavior and conduct within and outside school.
• Arbitrate students' disputes, reprimand offenders and refer serious or recurring cases of misconduct to the School Head.
• Keep personal records of all learners and their parents contact details in the Hostel
• Be a positive role model and ensure learners are treated with dignity and respect
• Conduct evening study and ensure that learners are assisted with their home work
• Be responsible for the overall welfare of learners including ensuring that they are provided with medical assistance
Experience: 5 years'experience as a Matron or any related position.
Qualification: Degree in Social Work or General Nursing or Special Education.
Salary Scale: B2 notch3 Benefits: -
• Severance Benefit at the end of the 5 years' contract
• Medical Aid: Optional the employer pays 50% and the employee 50%
• Free Accommodation, free water and Electricity.
• Leave days 15 per annum