An exciting opportunity exists for you to be part of the Diamond Trading Company Botswana (DTCB) team as it implements its new company strategy. If you are a motivated and high performing individual, DTCB offers you a chance to be part of this journey of unlocking diamond value and adding sparkle to lives.
We pride ourselves with our values. We Put Safety First as we Pull Together to Shape The Future. We are Passionate about what we do, and we Build Trust with our employees and other stakeholders, because We Care!
Take this opportunity by sending your application and be considered to work within a dedicated and free-thinking environment, where your contributions will be vital in accelerating the growth of DTCB. We are committed to be an inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated. Our work environment allows our employees to freely bring their whole self to work.
SENIOR MANAGER FINANCIAL SERVICES (BAND 5)
(The Role Is An Executive Position And Reports To The Managing Director)
Main Purpose of the job:
Responsible for providing financial leadership and driving financial performance by maintaining strong financial controls, processes, risk management and effective governance through the implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines. Ensures completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of all finance reporting both internally and to the Group. Provide strong commercial partnering to the business through coordinating demand driven planning with producers.
This role also provides comprehensive financial analysis, support, and strategic advice to facilitate
effective decision making throughout the organisation.
Key Performance Areas:
The successful candidate will be responsible for among other things:
• Finance Function Management
• Financial Analysis & Reporting, Consolidation, Audit, Financial Reporting and Tax Management
• Budgeting, Forecasting & Planning,
• Treasury/Cash flow management
• Supply Chain Management
• Risk, Governance and Control
• Stakeholder Management
• Talent Management
• Safety, Health, and the Environment
• Degree in Finance, Commerce, or equivalent and/or
• A Qualified Accountant with CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent preferably with experience in an audit environment
• At least 10 years post qualification experience in financial management 5 years of which must have been at executive management level
• Experience in developing risk management strategies
• A good working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Experience gained in a Mining, Processing, Manufacturing and Production environment would be an added advantage.
• Strategic thinking and compliance oriented
• Ability to build and motivate teams and to work in an environment which requires flexibility, adaptability, and agility
• Proven ability to develop, recommend and implement financial systems, processes, and strategies
• Commerciality with the expertise in developing financial models to facilitate performance analysis as well as strategic planning
• Change leadership
• Excellent collaborative, analytical, communication and presentation skills Innovative, attention to detail and quality assurance minded
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the diamond mining industry.