We are looking for an Audiologist that will evaluate, diagnose, treat and manage balance disorders and other hearing-related issues. The incumbent will also perform a variety of treatment protocols to address hearing loss and balance disorders as well as prescribe and fit hearing aids.
• Examine patients who have conditions related to the outer, middle, or inner ear.
• Assess the results of the audiology examination and diagnose hearing problems.
• Create treatment plans to meet patients' goals.
• Provide care for routine procedures, such as testing.
• Fit and dispense hearing aids and other assistive listening devices.
• Counsel patients and their families on ways to listen and communicate, such as by lip reading or through technology.
• Evaluate patients regularly to monitor their condition and modify treatment plans, as needed.
• Monitor patient progress.
• Research the causes and treatment of hearing and balance disorders.
• Educate patients on ways to prevent hearing loss.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Effective Communication
• Quality Orientation
• Strategic Thinking
Qualification and Experience Required
• A Bachelor's Degree in Audiology from a recognized university.
• Current Registration with the Botswana Health Professions Council.
• At least 5 years' experience in Audiology, preferably Industrial experience.