Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Accountant - Management Accounting.
The role is responsible for the execution end-to-end financial management and accounting activities within the company, financial reporting, month end reconciliation work, analyzing the financial information, organizing the accounts, preparation of annual financial statements, managing and checking of accounts and ensuring accuracy. The role also includes the maintenance of relationships with stakeholders, such as the regulatory authorities and supervisory bodies.
Key Performance Areas
1. Ensures timely maintenance of General Ledger (GL) and the reconciliation of accounts are done monthly within the stipulated time frame and ensures that all reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
2. Assist with month and year end processes in line with the organisation’s deadlines, ensuring all accrual and prepayments are made in line with financial procedures.
3. To investigate and report on significant budgetary variances, identifying any remedial action that needs to be taken.
4. To produce monthly detailed management accounts with commentaries summarising the financial performance to date and providing explanations of key variances.
5. To assist in the preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and Botswana Companies Act (BIFM Limited, BIFM CEE, BIFM Holdings Company Limited, BIFM Unit Trusts (Pty) Ltd (Manco) and BIFM Unit Trusts Funds).
6. Perform and prepare AFS supporting schedules in line with the accounting standards, Prepares IFRS 9 disclosures (Sensitivity analysis, Maturity Analysis, Credit Ratings Analysis, Fair Value Hierarchy Analysis)
7. Support yearly budgets and forecasts, year-end financial management, reporting and year-end financial audits.
8. Assist in preparation of monthly tax provisions, calculation of quarterly Self-Assessment Tax, payments, and submission to the tax authority. It also includes the preparation of final year-end tax computation and submission of income tax return in accordance with the Botswana Unified Revenue Services Act.
9. Assist with monthly preparation of HFM BIFM Group consolidated accounts and reporting to BIHL and Sanlam
• Finance related Bachelors’ Degree/AAT or equivalent
• Qualified professional accounting certification, CIMA/ACCA/BICA
• Must be in good standing with BICA and CIMA/ACCA
• At least 3 years audit firm experience with in-depth knowledge in accounting standards and statutory requirements
• Or Five (5) years’ experience in a financial institution with in-depth knowledge in accounting standards and statutory requirements
• Experience of working in a complex financial environment.
Skills & Competencies
• Must be proficient in MS Office tools such as MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
• Advanced Accounting skills
• Excellent interpersonal management skills
• Financial systems knowledge
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Good working knowledge of financial analysis and abreast with IFRS standards
The company offers attractive remuneration package with benefits
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE