Botswana Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) is a Parastatal under the Ministry of Investment Trade and Industry (MITI). It was established in 2015 through the 2015 Special Economic Zones Act of Parliament and Institutionalized in 2018.The Organization is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of activities related to the establishment and development of Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
Applications from qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for the following position:
• TEMPORARY PROCUREMENT OFFICER (six months)
Main Purpose of the Job
Under the guidance of the Procurement Executive, s/he shall be responsible for the effective management of daily procurement and disposal of assets. The officer will primarily be in charge of overseeing the procurement of commodities and services for the Authority, prioritizing cost-efficiency and quality.
Key Result Areas:
• Preparing an overall annual procurement plan based on the Authority's approved annual budget;
• Planning of procurement and disposal activities to meet the requirements of the user departments;
• Preparing requests for quotations, proposals and tender solicitation documents;
• Preparing budget estimates and forecasts for the
Procurement and Disposal Unit;
• Ensuring prompt and effective actions in response to user departments;
• Preparing bidding documents and managing complex tendering processes;
• Undertaking tender evaluations and preparing evaluation reports;
• Managing contracts so as to ensure that delivery of goods, services and works are performed in accordance with the contract terms;
• Monitoring supplier performance, recording and report ing poor supplier contract performance;
• Coordinating the production and submission of monthly procurement reports;
• Ensuring a safe and systematic keeping of records for easy retrieval whenever required;
• Any other duties that may be assigned by Management from time to time.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Thorough understanding of Procurement and Supply
Chain Management Systems Comprehensive understanding of Botswana Public Procurement Act of 2021 Fairness and impartiality Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Supplier payment processing Dealing with Ambiguity Strategic Agility Negotiating skills
Ethics and values
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or CIPS Level 6; with four (4) years post qualification experience in a similar environment.