Botswana Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) is a Parastatal under the Ministry of Investment Trade and Industry (MITI). It was established in 2015 through the 2015 Special Economic Zones Act of Parliament and Institutionalized in 2018.The Organization is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of activities related to the establishment and development of Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
Applications from qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for the following position:
• ACCOUNTS OFFICER (6 Months Temporary Employment)
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Finance Executive, the Accounts Officer shall be responsible for accounts payables and receivables, managing the Authority's financial records, producing monthly management reports and a wide variety of other accounting responsibilities.
Key Result Areas:
• Ensuring compliance with Financial Policies and Proce dures Manual.
• Reconciliation of supplier statements.
• Account receivables and revenue reconciliation.
• Bank reconciliation and credit card management.
• Production of monthly management reports.
• Issuing petty cash and reconciliation of the same.
• Processing invoices and payments in the Accounting System (Sage 300).
• Prompt resolution to queries.
• Management of the fixed asset register.
• Reconciliation of the general ledger.
• Production of monthly project accounts.
• Responsible for tax management (PAYE, OWHT, VAT)
• Management of financial records.
• Any other Accounting related duties.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Thorough understanding of general finance and account ing best practices
• Proficiency in using Accpac (Sage 300) Accounting system.
• Integrity and accuracy.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Multitasking, and being able to meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Resilience and adaptability.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• AAT with part qualification in either ACCA, CIMA or BICA
• At-least five (5) years post qualification experience in Accounting.