Location: Jwaneng, BW
Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Transport section is responsible for the speedy, accurate and effective transportation of company employees to and from their work stations, to various parts of Botswana and the rest of the SADC countries. The position of Driver Operator plays a significant role of adhererance to time and schedules as well as bus routes in line with Debswana policies and procedures. This role also has the responsibility to look after the capital equipment that includes cars, bakkies, combis and buses.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages and controls allocated resources within the area of work so that section operates within approved parameters
• Checks vehicles prior to operation on a daily basis, according to company procedures
• Operates all categories of vehicles within the transport section that includes the cars, bakkies, combis and buses
• Report all vehicle breakdowns and the systems mounted accordingly as per company policies and procedures (VMS)
• Follow the routes collecting employees as per schedule on daily bases (to and from work) within the specified time periods
• Ensure that all safety equipment is available at all times-wheel chocks, first aid box, triangles and spare wheel as wellas spanners as per FRCG requirements
• To ensure that late arrivals are kept to a minimum, to enhance service levels
• Ensures that equipment is taken to the garage for repairs and maintenance as per schedules in line with the company procedure
• To ensure that the equipment used is always in a clean condition
• Adheres to all transport procedures including operational, safety, health and environmental polices and procedures in the area of responsibility
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implements safety, health and environmental programs in area of responsililty taking cognisance of all legal requirements
• Manages the effectiveness areas of self and peers and reviews targets
• O Levels
2 years professional driving experience.
LEGAL CERTIFICATION/PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
• PRDP licence
• Driving Licence - B
• Driving Licence - C
• Driving Licence – EC
• Cost Control
• Asset Management and Optimisation
• Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
• Customer Service
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.
Fixed Term Contract
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Closing Date: 28 July 2022