View all 78 Jobs
Job vacancy Compliance Officer
View all 78 Jobs
Orange Money Botswana invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the following position:
Reporting to the Compliance Specialist, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring quality and completeness of customer records, the individual will serve as a back-office officer researching and understanding changes in legislation, and how they would affect the business. Remediating and reviewing KYC files, and obtaining necessary documentation ensuring full compliance in relation to AML/CFT standards and other regulatory requirements.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- The officer is required to be involved in compliance monitoring, audits and risk assessments.
- Period review of Orange Money customer Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Agent (KYA), ensuring full completeness and alignment of the database with Regulatory requirements.
- Engage with customers and partners to provide complete Customer Due Diligence (CDD) information and documentation as required by law.
- Ensuring Monitor, review and act upon compliance alerts
- Document suspicious transactional/activity reports
- Maintain high risk customer register ensuring periodic reporting of high-risk alerts
- Contribute to all reporting requirements for Bank of Botswana and the Financial Intelligence Agency; or any other Authority as required
- Support the Compliance Specialist to educate employees (training & engagements) and partners on not only the regulations, but also the impact on the organization if these aren't complied with
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Report back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance
- Highlight or escalate areas of concern
- Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organization
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- Perform various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects)
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance.
- Independent and detail orientated.
- Organised, efficient and self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Management Degree or equivalent.
- Working experience in any of the professions; audit, risk, legal, investigations, ethics, policy.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 20th June 2022
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 17 Aug, 2022JOB BYJobsbotswana
See all jobs