Job Opportunities (Full Time)
Community Based Interventions for HIV\/AIDS in Botswana Project (ExCAB)
HPP Botswana is a locally registered Non-Governmental Organization that has been operating in Botswana since 2001. The organization works to promote actions in the fight for development in areas of health, education, human rights, food security, and household economy. Our work towards development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, driven by innovative and cost-effective programs. The activities of HPP Botswana are aligned with the Government of Botswana's National Vision 2036 and the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals.
HPP Botswana is inviting suitably qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the available positions of the upcoming USAID funded project to implement an activity to support the maintenance and uninterrupted delivery of quality HIV\/AIDS services within communities and strengthen the community and health systems in Botswana with an emphasis on the delivery of integrated HIV services. This position is contingent on the project: Community Based Interventions for HIV\/AIDS in Botswana Project (ExCAB).
Project Accountant (1) Full Time
JOB SUMMARY\/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Accountant will be responsible for producing Financial Reports for the ExCAB Project and ensuring that the accounting guidelines and processes are adhered to. The Project Accountant will also be responsible for providing financial expertise and guidance to the ExCAB Team.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Responsible for monitoring of performance, appraisals and control of the quality and amount of work done by accounts staff.
• Coding, punching and reconciling the entries in the accounts program of the most complicated accounts.
• Secure that all accounts are up to date according to agreed deadlines and that they live up to the USAID and HPP Federation standard for accounting.
• Upgrade and implement internal economy- and accounts- control systems at all projects and country office and secure implementation at all levels within the organization.
• Implementation of credit policies and recovery of accounts receivable. Control of payroll, cash flow, funds in the organization and the cashbook of country office.
• Preparation of management accounts according to deadlines.
• Preparation of statutory accounts and relevant supporting schedules for audit purposes according to deadlines.
• Make financial status and secure timely reporting in accordance with donor requirements and deadlines.
• Maintain a system for recording of all fixed assets according to project and control update of it.
• Have a thorough knowledge of the budgets and cash flows of each Project.
• Organize and implement internal audit at all projects within the organization and at times visit projects for verification of economy and accounts systems in use. Meet with the responsible staff on changes needed. (Use the cheapest transport possible and use the project's accommodation and canteen. Humana People to People has no payment for overtime or per diem.)
• Secure preparations according to deadlines and participate in external and internal audit's (the last one hold at the Federation Humana People to People HQ in Zimbabwe).
• Coordinate and manage all financial and administrative matters between Project Leaders and the National Office.
• Assist in the preparations of budgets for the project and the organization.
• Prepare and participate in management forum meetings and others meetings required in order to perform the duties.
• Upgrade and secure implementation of good filing systems of all accounts documentation.
• Make systems for and secure implementation of good digital back up systems in the accounts department.
• Make weekly and monthly reports and plans for the work.
• AAT level 4 or any relevant qualification.
• 2 years' experience
• Knowledge of PASTEL, AccPac or any other accounting software
• Experience in the NGO Industry is an added advantage