View all 90 Jobs
Job vacancy Head of Lending
View all 90 Jobs
Head of Lending
One of our clients in the banking sector is looking for their next Head of Lending who will lead and oversee all lending related affairs of the bank. This role will entail high level responsibility and oversight of the bank’s lending strategy, management of lending products and services including mitigation of lending related risks.Overall Job Purpose
- To develop the local lending strategy (retail assets and credit cards) and manage the local lending product range for Retail customers, ensuring the business remains competitive while achieving its stated income targets.
- To review, recommend and implement new product developments and enhancements to the existing Lending product set.
- Understand the competitive position for each lending product category and sector of the market to make recommendation in respect of local pricing and local market potential.
- Act as principal point of contact on lending product issues for local sales and marketing teams.
- Accountable for developing and implementing competitive, innovative, and value-added credit card product solutions for the bank.
- Establish product and proposition strategies, working with business heads to ensure a coherent strategy for all customer segments and business areas.
- The objective is to establish as a leading provider of Retail Asset and Credit Card products and services in our chosen market segments (namely Premier, Prestige and Personal - working closely with the Head of Customer Network and Head of Sales.)
- Establish performance metrics for driving the business across all product areas and assist the business heads in driving performance in these areas.
- Provide product synergies between the different parts of the business, ensuring a co-ordinated and coherent product development strategy that maximizes value.
- Ensure high speed to market with development and delivery of new ideas, working closely with change and support functions throughout the bank.
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience in sales or product development in a retail banking environment at senior management level.
- Experience in retails risk management.
- Practical knowledge of e-commerce and payment solutions is necessary.
- Preference will be made to candidates with a demonstrated understanding of impairment models and strong team management skills.
- People Management
- Product Oversight
- Governance and Control
- Business Management
Education and Experience
- First degree in commerce, banking or other related fields.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in sales or product development in a Retail Banking environment at a senior management level.
- Experience in retail risk management.
- An MBA and/ or a project management certification would be an added advantage.
Closing date: 2nd January 2021
Applications should be submitted through Careerpool, Please click APPLY below to submit your CV.
Queries and inquiries should be made directly with Staffwise.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs