View all 81 Jobs
Job vacancy Research Assistant
View all 81 Jobs
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership (BHP) is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and emerging public health priorities such as cancer and other non-communicable diseases, through collaborative research, education and capacity building. BHP will be launching a new study, the Phemelo study: Assessing the role of low-cost nurse-operated device for breast cancer screening in rural Botswana. This study seeks to assess whether breast cancer screening using a new low-cost handheld device (iBE machine) is acceptable to Batswana and feasible in the primary care clinic facility setting. Breast cancer is the second leading cancer killer in Botswana and the African region; study findings may contribute to identifying breast cancer earlier and saving more lives.
We seek appropriately qualified individuals who are driven, detail-oriented and excellent communicators with good interpersonal skills, to join our team in the following position:
Position title: Research Assistant
Location: Molepolole (with travel within the district and to Gaborone)
Position start date: January 2021Roles and responsibilities
- Introduce study to potential study candidates and answer questions
- Collect and electronically enter data
- Make regular visits to study facilities to collect data stored in iBE devices, review clinic registers, observe procedures, discuss with trained nurses any issues that have arisen.
- Follow up imaging results of screening quality assurance participants (10% of participants)
- Provide phone-based coordination support individuals who screen positive, to ensure completion of cancer evaluation and if needed, linkage to appropriate care for the final diagnosis
- Make home visits for enrolled participants that could not be reached by phone
- Facilitate monitoring of data quality and respond to data queries from PI or data manager, in a timely manner
- Attend to logistics and transport support as needed for participants who have screened positive to complete cancer evaluation
- Attend to logistics and planning for study-related meetings / conference calls and events
- Maintain study equipment and petty cash inventories.
- Develop working relationships with study site staff and stakeholders
- Conduct study activities in keeping with the study’s protocol and standard operating procedures
- Maintain participant’s confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain Human Subjects and Good Clinical Practice Training certification
- Assist with any other duties as may be assigned by the Study PI
- Basic HIV/AIDS Health Care Assistance, or Counselling, or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role; experience in cancer research a bonus
- Computer literacy
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Driven, detail-oriented, problem-solver
- Caring and honest
- Keen interest in research and contributing cancer care
Qualified and competent individuals are invited to forward their applications to:
Botswana Harvard AIDS institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
Or email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 30 November 2020
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs