View all 81 Jobs
Job vacancy Procurement Officer
View all 81 Jobs
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
In Africa G4S is the largest private employer, with 110 000 employees in over 25 countries across the continent.
G4S Botswana seeks to appoint a seasoned and dynamic professional in the above role.Purpose
To oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Officer's responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options to maintain efficient and effective supply chain management, creating purchases and maintaining accurate records.
Effective management of suppliers for G4S
- Liaison with suppliers relating to their services and Service Level Agreements. Collation of monthly reports.
- Effective resolution or escalation of queries or issues.
- Implementation and roll out of changes or projects with current suppliers.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
Internal Process Management
- Co-ordinate input of data from various departments/ requisitions.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures as outlined by the code of conduct.
- Participate in budget preparation, cost analysis etc.
Staff management and development
- Ensure all team members have clearly defined job profiles aligned.
- Ensure staff performance contracts are in place and regular goal reviews are completed to assess achievement of results.
- Provide support, coaching and mentorship continuously to ensure that objectives are met. Ensure completed development plans for each employee.
- Allocate resources appropriately to ensure operational demands are met.
- Ensure that events/activities taking place in team are effectively communicated within the team and to other teams requiring the information.
- Ensure adequate succession planning to meet ongoing and anticipated business requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management/ Degree in Business Administration (Procurement & Logistics), or related qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience in procurement or supply chain environment in a large computerised organisation. Knowledge of Pastel and high proficiency in compilation and report writing.
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Suppliers CIPS) an added advantage.
- Customer focus
- Execution and delivery
- Risk Management
- Supplier management
- Technical expertise
To apply please email your updated CV and covering letter, with at least three (3) referees, certified copy of qualifications and certified copies of national identity card to email@example.com stating the position in the subject box. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications must be addressed to;
The Human Resources Director
P.O Box 1488
Closing Date: 18 November 2020
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs