View all 84 Jobs
Job vacancy Gateway Supervisor
View all 84 Jobs
To manage risk, lead, motivate and manage within defined cost and performance standards; Customs Affairs, lodgment and recovery with commercial suppliers, domestic and international sorting / bagging, specialized bank shipment handling, capture and availability of information, security. The position is based at our GBE Gateway and reports to the Operations ManagerJob description
- Transportation: Ensuring all scheduled movements are operating on time.
- AIRSIDE activities: responsible for setting up and handling procedures with ground handlers
- Managing risk: ensure key risks are identified, evaluated, understood and prioritized and acted on.
- Leadership: Delivering outstanding leadership and motivation through; Developing people, holding people accountable, team building and shaping direction.
- Customs affairs: Responsible for compliance on all Customs processes and procedures.
- Security: liaising with the Security and Risk manager to ensure a secure environment for staff, visitors, shipments, customers, assets, facilities and information.
- Information: Manage the accurate and timely capture of information (Shipment and checkpoint information and images) and make available to the network.
- Relationships Manage and nurture relationships with key stakeholders’ i.e. Customs, Airlines, Airport authorities, Civil Aviation.
- Productivity and performance: Manage productivity through tools such as TMP ensuring an optimum and cost effective operation
- A minimum of BGCSE Certificate
- Qualification in Customs Clearing
- 2 years relevant experience
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Presentable and articulate
- Ability to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer Literate
- Strong knowledge of Customs Management System ( CMS )
- Extensive knowledge of HS codes and import/export controls
REPORTING TO THE COUNTRY OPERATIONS MANAGER
IT’S NOT JUST AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET ON THE CAREER LADDER, IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO HELP THE WORLD GET ON TOGETHER
Why do people call us the world’s most international company? Is it because we operate in more than any other logistics provider? Is it because we invented cross border shipping over 50 years ago? Or is it, perhaps, because what we do connects people across the world. And the more we can connect people, the better life on earth becomes.
We love our role in the world. And we’re looking for the right people to help us maintain – and grow it. People like you.
DHL provides a wide range of career opportunities at different levels all over the world. As an employee, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through successful teamwork.
Together we build a company we can truly be proud of.Closing date and application instructions
Follow the below link to apply
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs